- Make sure the surface you are signing is clean from all debris. Use paper towels.
- Turn Sign over so it is facing away from you and slowly peel off the backing from
the sign, leaving the vinyl attached to the masking tape.
- Place the sign in its position on the surface. Make sure it is spaced evenly and level.
- Use a squeegee and in a ‘union jack*’ style rub from the centre out on top of the masking.
- Keep using this style until the sign looks like it is settled on the surface.
- Gently peel some of the masking away to see if the vinyl has taken to the surface.
- To effectively remove masking tape off the sign, remember the rule of minimum resistance.
- Never pull perpendicular to the surface but at an angle of 10% to 15%.
- If the sign lifts when removing the masking, re-squeege the sign again.
- Now your sign can be left to fully settle and allow the adhesive to bind to the surface.
- If placing onto new paint or walls, gentle heat from a hairdryer can help the adhesive
bind to uneven surface. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH HEAT OR HOLD THE
HAIRDRYER TO CLOSE AS THIS WILL CAUSE DAMAGE.
- Lastly, use a sewing pin to puncture large bubbles. The rest will disappear with changing
* union jack’ style – from the middle to the top, then to the bottom. Now from the middle to the
left and then the right. Now from the middle diagonally to all four corners.
Check out all our Beautiful Wall Art Stickers!